James Street Up Late in Design Itinerary
By Andrew Tynan | Posted in For Your Consideration | 23 May 2012 11:01AM
When the sun sets this Thursday, we'll be out, about and lapping up the creative vibes on James Street. Join us for the street party to celebrate the return of Indesign in Brisbane. Here's what we'll be getting up to...
1) Whether intended for your home or office, you’ll find your perfect chair amongst the amazing collection of furniture, lighting and design at Space Furniture. Keep a look out for this season’s hottest products direct from the 2012 Milan Furniture Fair.
2) Step outside Space Furniture and be amazed by a vivid 3D installation as you drool over Langos Hungarian Garlic Bread. Think cheese…lots of cheese!
3) Stop in at Habitus Lounge (in between Nat-Sui and Optiko) and pick up a goody bag full of delights. Remember there are only 300 of these so get in quick; we wouldn’t want you to miss out!
4) Make the most of the one-night-only discount and spruce up any room with one of the beautiful pieces of hand-blown glassware from C Gallery. 10% to 20% off storewide!
5) You don’t need to be in need of an eye-wear revamp to attend one of Brisbane’s coolest optical stores. Optiko will play host to Fritz, the Melbourne designer of eponymous eyewear label, Fritz Frames. Stop by for an insight into his design and manufacturing techniques.
6) Onepointsevenfour will showcase the Digital Skin exhibition, featuring fashion and furniture designer Joshua Scacheri of Subfusco. Be prepared for a fusion of fashion and furniture... with paint. If that hasn’t piqued your curiosity, we’re predicting the 20% storewide discount might do the trick.
7) Sip on a glass of champagne and indulge in some nibbles while pondering the beautiful edit of globally-sourced home and lifestyle pieces at St. Barts. With 15% off all home wares and 10% off all furniture, now is the time to purchase those items you’ve had your eye on!
8) One of James Street’s newest additions, Sans Peur Workshop, welcomes you with 10% off its entire range of European designers including Pedro Garcia, Mauro Gasperi and Kristinsen Du Nord.
9) After a long evening meandering along the street, enjoy a drink at the Illuminated bar in James Lane, and feast on delicious pork and prawn dumplings, courtesy of Happy Little Dumplings. While you sit and relax, check out the live street art exhibition by Comb Art Space’s Kid9.
So that’s what we’ll be up to when the clock strikes 5pm this Thursday. By all means print this off and use our itinerary as your own ‘to do’ list on the night. We’ll also be out snapping up social snaps. We hope to “A List” you.