Every morning, The Urban List team leaps out of bed to…
- Support the best of Brisbane's local and independently owned businesses;
- Keep our platoon of Citizen Listers up to speed with the city's finest;
- Offer our favourite owner operators the opportunity to bring new customers through their doors;
- And to pounce on our next source of inspiration.
We launched in September 2011 as your “ go to” guide to all that’s worth eating, drinking, buying and booking in our fair weather metropolis. Hunt through the curated directory of best of breed Brisbane businesses – restaurants and cafes, bars and clubs, shopping, health and beauty – or scroll through The A List to read about what’s happening around town.
Once you’ve settled in, you can also create your own Urban Profile, sharing your favourite spots to eat, drink and shop, and hopefully discovering a few new ones along the way.
The Urban List is a work in progress and you have the opportunity to influence which spots make the cut. Please drop us a line to let us know if one of your favourites has missed the list.
We will continue to add to both the list of businesses and the site's features, and look forward to bringing you a site full of local Brisbane favourites.
7 Things You Should Know About The Urban List
- The Urban List exists to support local or independently owned businesses, keeping our readers up to speed with the best the city has to offer, and offering businesses the opportunity to bring new customers through their doors.
- We write about these businesses because we love them! Not because they pay us! You can put your editorial trust in us – we really do spend our lives uncovering things we think you just shouldn’t have to live without.
- On occasion businesses may sign up for “sponsored editorial”. Any of these sponsored posts will be clearly marked – look for the “List Love” icon throughout the site.
- Our goal is to promote the best of the best around, but we do respect others’ opinions and won’t remove negative comments unless they break our List Etiquette guidelines. If you are offended by a comment, or would simply like help responding to constructive criticism (and we recommend you do respond), please don’t hesitate to let us know. Our advice is free of charge!
- We’re not precious and would really appreciate your feedback, especially if we’ve left one of your favourites off the list.
- We take privacy very seriously and will never relinquish your details to anyone.
- The Urban List isn't static. We'll be adding businesses and features all the time. If you feel one of your favourites is MIA, please let us know. We'd love to hear your thoughts.